usical Programs Offered
Olde Friends joins with other specialists in the
field of Early Music Performance to present the following programs:
- Music of late 16th through early 18th
century Scotland and England, and across the English Channel to France.
- Compositions by Purcell, Dowland, Hume, Marais, and
Couperin are featured.
- The ensemble includes viola da gamba, Baroque violin,
lute, theorbo and voice. (3-4 performers)
- Music of the mid 16th through the early 18th
century from Spain and Italy.
- Compositions by Corelli and Vivaldi are featured
along with lesser know works by Stradella, Ortiz and dalla Casa.
- The ensemble includes viola da gamba, Baroque
violin(s), Baroque cello, guitars, archlute, and theorbo. (3-4 performers)
- Music of late 17th and 18th
- Compositions by Bach, Telemann, Schmeltzer, and
- The ensemble includes combinations of viola da gamba,
Baroque violin(s), flute, oboe, recorder, singer, cello, harpsichord, organ. (3-6