Established: June 1 1860
Priority Number: 4
Acres under ditch: 801 originally
Water Source: South Boulder Creek
Schearer is an unincorporated ditch which was owned by the single property owner that owned the land it irrigated. It is now owned by Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks and used to irrigate their agricultural lands. There is mention of an H. T. Shearer in some early Boulder documents. On the 1888 District 6 map this ditch may have been named the Doggett Ditch.
Duane Myers, Ditch Rider for the Schearer Ditch