Contents of This Page
(Colorado not Boulder) Resources
See the BCN
Entertainment Page Events Page
The Written Word
Alt-X Online publishing network,
experimental hypertext and much more
League, Boulder, Colorado: letterpress printing, calligraphy,
bookbinding, and papermaking.
Entropy Gradient Reversals All
Noise - All the Time. Great 'zine from Boulder.
Grammatron A hypertextual
'book' from Boulder's Mark Amerika. Featured in many publications,
including Cool Site of the Day and the New York Times.
Pages Real time poetry collaboration. You are invited to add a
line to a poem in progress, and view the finished works.
Many Mountains Moving A
literary and arts journal of diverse contemporary voices, based in
Boulder but distributed nationally. Published Alexie, Ginsberg,
LeGuin, any many others more obscure but equally interesting.
Visual Arts, Museums and Galleries
Ananda Acadamy A non-profit dance resource for the Rocky Mountain West. Many classes, teacher certification, and a great 3600 sq.ft. facility in Crossroads.
Bantaba World Dance and
Music classes and performances in many forms of dance, music
and yoga from around the world.
Folk Dancers Greek, Gypsy and other dances from around the
world. Classes and Events.
Dance Workshop & Interweave Dance Theatre Formerly the
Boulder Jazz Dance Company
Boots Traditional American Dancing
Colorado Arts Net Dance Page
Colorado Friends of Old Time Music
and Dance (CFOTMD) Contra dances, English Country dances,
Rag-Time Tea dances, periodic Waltz Nights, and the annual
- CORE Magazine Dance Listings
- The Dance Bridge a new arts resource center for Boulder’s diverse dance community, from the BAC and the BCAA.
Productions Colorado's only professional low-flying trapeze and
aerial dance company.
- Motion Underground houses youth performance companies, youth competing teams, public
classes, workshops and other various outlets for moving arts.
- Postoley Dance Ensemble performing ethnic dance company specializing in the culture, music and dance of Ukraine and Poland.
- Sahara Sand Productions Classes in middle eastern belly dancing, Hawaiian and Tahitian dancing by Yasmin.
Action promotes Swing events and workshops where all proceeds
are donated to help fund proactive adolescent development programs.
- Art and Soul Gallery Paintings, Sculpture, Jewelry and Craft.
ArtCycle New and previously
owned art; a gallery in Boulder.
ArtWorks - Vivian Long Boulder multimedia artist's gallery: works in pastels, watercolors, sculpture,
Bob Kolb Gallery by local
photographer. West, Colorado, and international photos.
Boulder Arts and
Crafts Cooperative Handcrafted arts and goods; a coop of
artisans with a store on the Boulder Mall.
Boulder History Museum Information and views of old Boulder.
Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art
(BMoCA) Boulder's museum of modern art. Very nice site.
- Colorado Acadamy of Art CAA offers instruction in Classical Fine art. Classes and workshops include sculpture, painting and drawing.
- CORE Magazine Galleries Listings
Gayle Crites Local
Artist; oil paintings and more, many of Boulder landscapes.
C U Art Galleries
CU Museum of Natural
- Jason Emery Fine Art Niwot artist painting in oils, specializing in outdoor (plein air) painting.
in Boulder Our own close to complete list of Boulder area
- Gallery Soveriegn
is a community driven co-op gallery that provides local emerging and established artists an opportunity to show their art on Pearl St.
Sculpture of Ed Gauss Wood Sculptures from Award Winning Artist
- Charles A.
Haertling Page Info on Boulder's Premiere Architect (1929-1984)
Erik Johnson's Virtual
Gallery Local artist, full sketchbooks, some surrealist art
Kirkpatrick Watercolors of Western Landscapes, wildflowers,
- Jonathan Machen Local
artist and musician; works include drawing of the campus and other
area sites (not to forget the Haiku-toons).
Longmont Museum changing exhibits about art, history, and science; KIDSPACE children's gallery; and "Western Visions,"
about the history and modern life of the Longmont area
Boulder BCN's own list of Boulder Area museums
- Eve Naia Spirit Painter / Visionary Artist. Mandalas / Giclee prints .
Gallery Featuring many
local artists in a beautiful environment.
Open Studios An event
that lets you into the previously private world of artists. Usually
scheduled for the first two weekends in October.
- Denise Perrault Seed Bead Artists. Fan dangles, boxes, baskets, sculptures, and glass curtains.
- Pure Art Review Graphic Art, since 1976(!)
- Charlotte Rossmann Oil Paintings by a Contemporary Colorado Artist
Shankar Gallery Richard W. Lazzara presents 'Art for the Soul',
offering 40 years of artwork for purchase.
- Karen Gillis Taylor Local painter of contemporary landscapes and more.
- Thick Air The art and work of Danyell Miller, a Boulder Artist working in painting, drawing and sculpture. "Modernly Organic" and "Poetically infused" describes the many botanical, wood & metal sculptures and contemporary paintings.
Venosa Local space artists' exhibit - at OMNI Magazine
- Carol Watkins Fiber artist, Judaica, photography.
Mary Williams Fine
Arts Boulder gallery - Antique prints & Books, 19th and
20th century arts and framing.
Women of the West Museum A
new American museum whose purpose is to discover and explore the
continuing role of women in the development of the American West.
With virtual museum.
Embroidered merit badges about female rites of passage
- Classical and Jazz
NOTE: Be sure to check out the Entertainment
Center for venue
- Bands -
Pop and Rock (in the Entertainment
- Ars Nova A cappella choral
ensemble, one of the nations finest
- Boulder American Recorder Society (BARS) Promotes recorder playing, education, and appreciation in the Boulder County area through monthly play-in meetings, workshops, master classes, and performances.
- Boulder Bach Festival January 21, 22, 23 2005, featuring the B Minor Mass and a selection of sonatas, suites and Brandenburg Concertos. Also a special children's program, this year on May 1, 2005 at the Boulder Public Library.
- Boulder Chamber Orchestra The signature orchestra of Chamber Music Society of Boulder. Boulder's full chamber orchestra.
- Boulder Chorale Choral
ensemble since 1965.
- Boulder Concert Band The Boulder Concert Band is a local volunteer, non-profit community band. We have performed over 400 concerts for the public, many free, since our most recent reorganization in 1978 by the late Hugh McMillen, Director of Bands for many years at CU.
- Boulder Friends
of Jazz including its monthy jam session
- Boulder Philharmonic Orchestra
- Boulder School of Music BSM offers music lessons on many instruments and voice to those of all ages. Located on the Pearl Street Mall in Boulder. Open 7 days.
- Boulder Youth Symphony
- The Cantabile Singers Boulder
area, secular, mixed chorus
- The Colorado Music Festival
Boulder's Summer Classical Music Festival at Chautauqua
- CU Concerts
Artist Series, Lyric Theatre, Takacs Encore Series and Holiday Festival
- Early Music Colorado Specializing
in medieval, renaissance and baroque music
Golden Buffalo Men's Chorus at Colorado University
- International Double Reed Society
Get your oboe fix!
- Jubilate! Sacred Singers Christian Chorale serving the Boulder community.
- Longmont Symphony Orchestra Since
1965. Includes Nutcracker performances in December.
- Longmont Youth Symphony
- Macky Auditorium
Concert Hall at the University of Colorado in Boulder. Includes the Boulder
- Music With Madelyn Madelyn Clair, music instruction for preschoolers; also gives children's concerts at Boulder area libraries.
- Olde Friends
Early music with Ann Marie Morgan, one of the world's leading violists da
gamba, virtuoso violinist Allison Edberg and many guests. Concerts from October,
2001 through March, 2002.
- Peaks to Plains Suzuki Institute
offers classes in violin, cello, piano, flute and harp.
- Pro Musica Colorado Chamber Orchestra Fully professional chamber orchestra performing classic to cutting edge repertoire on the Front Range and based in Lafayette.
- Rocky Mountain Center for Musical Arts
(RMCMA) in Lafayette. Performance, individual and group lessons, resources
and support to parents and teachers.
- Sinfonia of Colorado
- 3 Story Limit a cappella
ensemble, performs doo-wop and jazz
- The Timberliners Boulder's
Men's Barbershop Chorus
- Timberline Symphony Orchestra
- University of Colorado
College of Music Schedules and Box Office.
- University of Colorado
Events Calendar Including all concerts, daily events
- University of Colorado
Golden Buffalo Marching Band
Theater and Performance Art
Other Local Arts Pages
Boulder Arts Academy the
only community school for the arts serving Boulder and its
- Boulder Arts Commission (BAC) an agency of the City of Boulder established in 1979 to increase awareness and support for the arts.
The Boulder Arts Resource With grant information and many links.
Boulder Bookstore Large, independent bookstore in Boulder
- Boulder County Arts Alliance (BCAA) (formerly AHAB) provides funding and support to individual artists and art organizations in all disciplines for over 30 years.
- Boulder Digital Arts is a community resource for digital artists working in film/video, interactive media, photography, music and the web. Low cost classes, workshops, screenings, and more.
Boulder Magazine's Arts
Page Includes film, dance, music, theater, museums, etc.
Boulder Weekly Online
Edition Check out the Panorama section
Council on the Arts Colorado's Art board.
Dairy Center for the Arts
Local venue for live performance, theater and gallery.
Music and Cultural
Organizations List for Boulder/Denver Art Smoot's List at
CitySearch Arts Complete guide to area events in the arts
CitySearch Music Complete guide to area musical events
Rocky Mountain Lace Guild Resource for lacemakers in the region.
Regional (Colorado not Boulder) Resources
5280 Interactive Denver Area
Magazine, with weather, ski report, restaurants and more
Arts to Zoo Denver/Colorado
Arts information - Big resource!
Arvada Center for the
Bas Bleu Theater Company Ft.
Central City Opera
Children's Museum of Denver
Colorado Arts Net Over 1000 links to arts in Colorado.
- Colorado Daily Calendar
University Theatre and Music Events Calendar
Colorado Symphony Orchestra
Programs, schedules, bios, etc.
- CORE Magazine Arts Listings Full listing of area cultural events
Creede Repertory Theatre
Local theater in the San Juans since 1966
Dance Plus Information
Denver Center For The
Performing Arts Includes the Denver Center Theater Company,
Center Attractions, and much more.
Denver Museum of Natural History
- Denver Musicians Association, Local 20-623 of the American Federation of Musicians.
Local concert listings as well as information about hundreds of bands.
Home Page Fort Collins Community Net Arts
Macky Auditorium Concert
Hall at the University of Colorado in Boulder
on the Web Public art and sculpture in Loveland, Colorado.
WestWord Denver's Local Arts,
Politics and Information Magazine (see Best of Denver!)