City of Boulder/USGS Water Quality Monitoring
BASIN Water Quality Information References
Sheila Murphy, Research Analyst, BASIN project, City of Boulder.
The following page lists many of the technical references used to develop
the BASIN water quality parameter information resources. Additional
references specific to the Boulder Creek watershed are available from the
BASIN online bibliography.
- American Public Health Association. 1998. "Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater." 20th edition.
- Barber, Larry B. II. 1992. "Hierarchical Analytical Approach to Evaluating the Transport and Biogeochemical Fate of Organic Compounds in Sewage-Contaminated Groundwater, Cape Cod, Massachusetts." In Groundwater Contamination and Analysis at Hazardous Waste Sites, edited by Suzanne Lesage and Richard Jackson. Marcel Dekker, Inc.
- Caduto, Michael J. 1990. "Pond and Brook." University Press of New England.
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment- Water Quality Control Division (CDPHE-WQCD). "The Basic Standards and Methodologies for Surface Water." 5CCR 1002-31. http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/cdphereg.asp#wqreg
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment- Water Quality Control Division (CDPHE-WQCD). “Primary Drinking Water Regulations.” http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/cdphereg.asp#wqreg
- Federal Interagency Stream Restoration Working Group, 1998. Stream Corridor Restoration: Principles, Processes, and Practices. http://www.usda.gov/stream_restoration/newgra.html
- Giller, Paul S. and Malmqvist, Bjorn. 1998. "The Biology of Streams and Rivers." Oxford University Press.
- The GREEN (Global Rivers Environmental Education Network) Hands-On Center. http://www.earthforce.org/green/catalog/
- Hem, J.D. 1985. "Study and Interpretation of the Chemical Characteristics of Natural Water." Third Edition. U.S. Geological Survey Water-Supply Paper 2254.
- Jacobson C. 1991. "Water, Water Everywhere." 2nd Ed. Produced by Hach Company.
- Kansas Collaborative Research Network (KanCRN) Stream Monitoring internet site.
- Laninga T. and Writer J. 1997. Boulder Creek Watershed Education Teacher’s Resource Guide. Produced by the City of Boulder Water Quality and Environmental Services.
- Mississippi State University. 1998. Information Sheet 1390.
- Mitchell and Stapp, 1992. Field Manual for Water Quality Monitoring.
- Mueller, David K. and Helsel, Dennis R. 1999. "Nutrients in the Nation's Waters--Too Much of a Good Thing?" U.S. Geological Survey Circular 1136. National Water-Quality Assessment Program. http://water.usgs.gov/nawqa/circ-1136.html
- Murdoch T. and Cheo M. 1996. "The Streamkeeper’s Field Guide." Produced by the Adopt-A-Stream Foundation.
- Nevada Division of Water Planning, Water Words Dictionary. http://www.state.nv.us/cnr/ndwp/dict-1/waterwds.htm
- Saunders, J.F.; Lewis W.M.; and Sjodin, A. 1991. "The Colorado Ammonia Model User Guide." Developed for the Colorado Department of Health.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA) internet site, "Terms of Environment."
U.S. EPA Office of Water, Current Drinking Water Standards. http://www.epa.gov/safewater/mcl.html
U.S. Food and Drug Administration Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition, Foodborne Pathogenic Microorganisms and Natural Toxins Handbook (“Bad Bug Book”) http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/~mow/intro.html
- United States Geological Survey (USGS). 1998. "National Field Manual for the Collection of Water-Quality Data."
- WATERSHEDSS (WATER, Soil, and Hydro- Environmental Decision Support System) internet site http://h2osparc.wq.ncsu.edu/
- Yates S. 1988. "Adopting a Stream- a Northwest Handbook." Produced by the Adopt-A-Stream Foundation.
- Zumdahl, S.S. 1989. "Chemistry." Second Edition. D.C. Heath and Company.
BASIN is a community project actively seeking public participation. We
appreciate all feedback and welcome comments, suggestions and contributions.
To find out more about how you can be involved, click here.
|BASIN is supported by the US EPA, the City of Boulder, WASH, BCWI and BCN|
Last Page Update - Wednesday December 28, 2005
| Site Map