I. Glutathione By Nebulizer
Beginning at 30 mg/ml, 4cc/d and working up as tolerated to 100 mg/cc or more
(up to 200 mg/cc) 4cc/d or more. If irritation at 30 mg/cc dilute further
with normal saline - (the worse the neurogenic inflammation, the more dilute
the initial dose needed).
II. General Antioxidants In Capsules
- Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) 500 mg per day or more if indicated by patient
self testing by Perque C strips 800-806-8671.
- Thorne Ultimate E, 500 IU with 200 IU gamma tocopherol (a peroxynitrite
- Selenium, 200 micrograms per day, once per day.
- Coenzyme Q-10, 100 mg once or twice daily. Micellized form (Perque
Mitogard) for better adsorption.
- Alpha lipoic acid, 600 mg/day. Reduce if gastric irritation, or take
separately (e.g. Thorne) and increase gradually until full dose tolerated).
Components of superoxide dismutase:
- Zinc, 15 mg/day as picolinate (or more if deficient on RBC mineral testing).
- Copper, 1 mg/day, as copper sulfate (or more if deficient on RBC mineral
- Manganese, 1 mg/day, as Mn gluconate or picolinate (or more if deficient on
RBC mineral testing).
Compounds related to peroxynitrite biochemistry:
- Magnesium, 200 mg, twice per day, as magnesium malate (or more if deficient
on RBC mineral testing).
- Betaine (methyl donor), 500 mg/day.
- 2 mg of 5 methyl tetrahydrofolate (bioactive form) or folic acid (or more
if deficient on SpectraCell testing).
Scavengers of peroxynitrite and its breakdown products:
- Ginkgo biloba extract, 60 mg, twice per day.
- Silymarin (milk thistle extract) 100 mg, twice per day.
- Bilberry extract, 60 mg, twice per day.
- Cranberry extract, 200 mg twice per day.
- Carotenoid mixture (5 mg lycopene, 5 mg beta-carotene, 5 mg lutein, smaller
amounts of other carotenoids, once per day.
III. Nitric Oxide Scavenger: Hydroxycobalamine
- Hydroxocobalamin (Vitamin B12)
- All patients: Nasal hydroxycobalamine 500 mcg/spray, one spray each nostril
every 15 minutes at onset of reaction until symptoms clear. May also use
several times daily or more if helpful.
- Concentrated up to 5000 mcg/drop, one drop added to glutathione in
nebulizer JUST before nebulizing (Do not store mixed).
- Intramuscular injections, up to 20 mcg, multiple weekly doses to
continuously interrupt cycle (daily nebulizer better).
- (use nebulizer (or injections) to build up body levels, nasal for
Dr. Ziem recommends two years at this time of full neural protocol or until no
longer reactive. Then maintenance antioxidants are needed lifelong. With more
environmental controls, less will be needed: with poor environmental controls,
the protocol alone cannot correct the problem.
F ollow the links below to learn more about
RMEHA and Environmental Illness.