Donate to FLYC
1. Donate Money
Friends of the Longmont Youth Center raises money to facilitate the activities of the City's Longmont Youth Center (LYC).
An immediate capital goal is to add a built-in barbecue area for LYC. This amenity will be an asset for all the programs run by the Youth Center.
Other goals are to create a marketing brochure and a quarterly newsletter to highlight FLYC achievements, member contributions, and upcoming events.
A longer term goal is to create a second youth center. The north and southwest areas of Longmont have been identified as potential locations.
You can donate online using a credit card, or mail your check to:
Friends of Longmont Youth Center
P.O. Box 2184
Longmont, CO 80502-2184
If you mail your check, let us know whether you chose to remain anonymous, or would like to be mentioned on our Donors list. Also tell us if you wish to make a donation on behalf of, or in memory of, another person, and to whom we should send a letter acknowledging the donation. (As FLYC is a charitable organization, our letter to you can be used as proof of a charitable contribution.)
Also note that if you may be interested in making a higher level of commitment to FLYC, consider becoming a member. The difference between donors and members is explained in our FAQ.
2. Donate Time
You can donate your time in two ways:
FLYC needs people with skills or interests in helping FLYC operations, since we are looking to grow our board and committees.
FLYC also welcomes people who can donate time for LYC activities. LYC especially needs the following:
- Volunteer art instructors
- Bicycle training partners for "Ride the Rockies"
To volunteer, contact Paul Tiger.
3. Donate Goods
FLYC welcomes donations of items that can be used for LYC activities. In particular, LYC needs the following:
- New biking equipment (clothing, water bottles, road bikes)
- Arts and crafts materials
- Items for the Teen Dance Club:
- Two column-style outdoor heaters
- River rock mulch
- One pool table (new or in good condition)
- Two pool table lights
- 8 good quality walkie-talkies with ear pieces
- DJ booth construction materials (e.g., wood, mounting hardware for permanent tables and storage)
To donate an item, contact Paul Tiger.
Donations to FLYC have been used for the following LYC programs:
- Longmont Youth Council's Teen Dance Club - paint and painting supplies, flagstone pavers, office chair, club sign installation, and give-aways for the club's grand opening
- Outdoor Club's 2002 Ride the Rockies - bicycles
- YAR's Colorado 14'ers - boots and socks
FLYC thanks its members and other donors for their generous contributions:
Donors to FLYC
($500 or more)
- Information Engineering Company
- Ogilvie Construction
- Play Environments LLC
- Wells Fargo Foundation
- Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Diamond Vogel Paint Center
- First Community Bank
- Interface Graphic Design
- Keith Hawks Signs
- Rotary Club of Longmont - St. Vrain
- A United Way anonymous donor
|- Leisl Athen
- August Morning
- Sue Bridgeman
- Cafe Luna
- Chili's Grill & Bar
- The Daily Bean
- Electronics Boutique Holdings Corp.
- Nancy Eletto
- Anita Hill
- Lori Marcolina
- Bryan & Patricia Medbery
- Amy Ogilvie
- R Business Systems
- Starbucks Coffee Company
- Connie Therrell
- Paul & Cynthia Tiger
- Allen & Sumi Ting
- Trade Secret
- United Artists Twin Peaks Mall Theatre
- Wicks & Lather