Trashy Treasure Hunt Worksheet
Student Names _________________________________________________
While you clean up waterway that your class has adopted, keep a look out for the following things (be sure to collect all items in your garbage bags and dispose of properly at the end of the clean-up):
1. A newspaper from the month that you are doing the clean up
(if it is March, see if you can collect a newspaper that is from March)
2. Something that can be used again.
3. Something that has begun to decompose or break down.
4. Something broken.
5. Something that you are sure no one else will find (the most unique piece of trash).
6. Something round.
7. Something recyclable.
8. A wrapper or container from a fast food restaurant.